Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Louvre

Our next day in Paris we made it to The Louvre without getting lost. Woo Hooo

IMG_5432-Edit.jpg

This picture pretty much sums up our Louvre experience.  Sid was just not feeling it and Carolyn well she was very interested in what was going on with the statues.

IMG_5399.jpg

But she was kind of bored when it came to the massive works of art around her.

IMG_5374.jpg

I think you could tour this museum several times and still not see everything.  We toured quicker than others I am sure because of the girls.

IMG_5377.jpg

I often envision my children going back to the places we take them to now when they are older.  This is one of the places I want them to go and I want Sidney to find this statue.

IMG_5383.jpg

Because right by it in a corner is where she laid on the floor and did this.  All of our traveling caught up with her this morning and nothing would work to calm this little girl down.  So we were the loud Americans in the corner who let our daughter lay on the floor of the Louvre so she could work out her issues.

IMG_5385.jpg

We did manage to check out the famous Venus de Milo

IMG_5396.jpg

and of course The Mona Lisa.

IMG_5372.jpg

I have no clue what is going on with this wood carving and I didn't even pay attention when Brian told me to go take a picture beside it (Brian says he didn't realize it either).  It makes me laugh though.

IMG_5381.jpg

The outside of The Louvre is a site to see as well.

IMG_5435.jpg

The pyramid that everyone recognizes seemed smaller than I thought it would be.

IMG_5434.jpg

But like all the other tourists we enjoyed taking pictures in front of it.

IMG_5413-Edit.jpg

This is our only family picture from our trip (I need to be better about asking people to take a picture for me) and little Sidney is fast asleep from all her excitement in the museum.

IMG_0844-Edit.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment