Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Wig

Where I live is a small town.  Yes there is a NATO base here but essentially it is a bunch of small little villages and the Americans kind of stick out.  For example in America if you hear someone speak a different language you may check them out or even stare at them.  Well this happens a lot to us here.  I have kind of gotten used to it.
During Karneval (Karnival, Carnival or however you want to spell it) here everyone dresses up crazy.  Young - Old doesn't matter - If you don't dress up, then you stick out.  Hence came my love of the yellow wig.

Here I am sporting it in Sittard Square after the parade there.  My friend Katy and I were so excited that when we didn't understand someone they thought we were Swedish.

IMG_0820.jpg

And here we all are before the children's parade in Tuddern.  I love how both of my kids look so uninterested in this picture.  Do you think they may be embarrassed of their mother?

IMG_5086.jpg

I will share more Karneval pictures.  It was so much fun and unlike anything I have ever experienced.  Carolyn and Sidney had a blast at the parades.  And it was definitely fun to dress up and kind of blend in with the locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment