Sunday, March 13, 2011

Susterseel Kinder Parade

After her first Parade Carolyn knew what was coming.  She was ready to start grabbing the candy.  We had an outfit change due to the weather and I just dressed the girls in Karneval colors.

IMG_5170.jpg

The Tuddern parade was at 2 in the afternoon and the Susterseel parade was at 5 that evening.  Essential the same floats we learned just the participants had been enjoying their Karneval day for a little bit longer.  At some points during the parade I felt like I needed to tell all the kids to do this.  This parade prompted me to google the legal drinking age in Germany which is sixteen!

IMG_5168.jpg

This kid was so cute in his plane float.

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

Another cute kid.

IMG_5190.jpg

Prince of the Susterseel Parade.  I guess it is an honor to be chosen Prince because they hang a huge life size picture on the house of the chosen Prince all dressed up in his Prince attire.  I wish I had gotten a picture of it because it was very odd to see.  O well there is always next year.

IMG_5212.jpg

I took this picture after Carolyn got in a fight with her friend Kennedy over a sponge that was thrown from a float.  Seriously these kids have all this candy around them and they were fighting over this green dishwashing sponge.  And why the float was throwing sponges I have no idea.

IMG_5202-Edit.jpg

Speaking of fighting this picture makes me laugh.  My brother used to torture me by taking my blankets.

IMG_5177.jpg

Little Sidney has the same attachments to hers and Carolyn so reminds me of my brother the way she will pick on her by grabbing her blanket or her lamb lovey.

IMG_5201-Edit.jpg

Great Day!  I don't know if you can tell but every single one of our kids is stuffing their face with some form of candy in this picture.

IMG_5183.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment