Saturday, May 21, 2016

March 2014

Spring in Alabama is wonderful! Lots of days the kids and I would eat lunch outside.

image image

We headed to Charleston for our Spring Break this year.  It was our first real road trip as a family of 6 and our van was loaded down. In all of these pictures Brian has the lovely stache because of some Air Force tradition I really don't understand that makes wives endure the stache for the month of March.

image image

Although Carolyn doesn't look that excited (I think she didn't want me to take her picture), we were all excited to get to spend some time in Charleston with Mimi and

IMG_2094.jpg

and Tom Tom.

IMG_2100-Edit.jpg

We all rented a beach house on Folly Beach and

IMG_1620-Edit.jpg

even though it was March the girls had a ball and didn't mind the milder temperatures.

IMG_1598-Edit-Edit.jpg
IMG_1603-Edit.jpg
IMG_1613-Edit.jpg
IMG_1621.jpg
IMG_1626-Edit.jpg

We got to spend lots of time with friends and family as well. Brian and David one of  Brian's oldest friends.

IMG_1939-Edit-2.jpg

Carolyn with David's little girl Blake.

IMG_1631-Edit.jpg

They became fast friends like their Daddies!

IMG_1632-Edit.jpg

Trying to teach Tommy to fish.

IMG_1637.jpg

Sidney wanted to go swimming so bad.  It was freezing!!! But it didn't stop her from trying.

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1654-Edit.jpg
IMG_1659-Edit.jpg

Carolyn spent her time either trying to fish with Brian or curled up somewhere with a book.

image image

He was and still is the most laid back, happy little baby boy.

image

And Miss Payson enjoyed herself too!

IMG_1650-Edit-2.jpg

Fortunately most of the Donehue's live in the Charleston area so we were able to have a big family gathering.

IMG_1661-Edit.jpg

Sweet baby Shepard and cousin Palmer.

IMG_1663-Edit.jpg

Shepard, Milo and Thomas. They were all born within a few months of each other and they might not know it yet but are destined to be buds!

IMG_1674-Edit.jpg

In true Sidney fashion she just went and curled up on a sofa and feel asleep when all the family arrived. Nothing is going to stop this child from getting her sleep.

IMG_1676-Edit.jpg

More shots of everyone from that day.

IMG_1681-Edit.jpg
IMG_1689-Edit.jpg
IMG_1701-Edit.jpg
IMG_1705-Edit.jpg
IMG_1706-Edit.jpg
IMG_1708-Edit.jpg
IMG_1712-Edit.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

Sid did finally wake up.

IMG_1715-Edit.jpg
IMG_1717-Edit.jpg

Lots of lazy mornings in our pj's. Sorry Payson for including a picture of you going digging but it happens and its such a cute picture of Tommy not to include.

IMG_1720-Edit.jpg

This one is much better of you!

IMG_1722-Edit.jpg

Brian's cousin Terry brought over her dog for the girls to play with on the beach one day.

IMG_1726.jpg

After this trip is really when the girls started in on us about wanting a puppy of their own.

IMG_1727.jpg

We did do a couple of touristy things since we were in town for a week. One day we headed out to the Battery to let the kids run around White Point Garden.

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1730-Edit.jpgIMG_1731-Edit.jpg IMG_1732-Edit.jpg

IMG_1735-Edit.jpg
IMG_1771-Edit.jpg
IMG_1783-Edit.jpg
IMG_1791-Edit.jpg

Another day trip that we took was to the Angel Oak.

IMG_1809-Edit.jpg

I had never been to see it for some reason and I was impressed by the massive tree that is approximately 1,500 years old!

IMG_1811.jpg

My kids not so much.

IMG_1815-Edit.jpg

You can't climb on or touch the massive branches which is of course the first things they wanted to do.

IMG_1819-Edit.jpg

And it just happened to be one of our coldest days.  Chalk our visit to here up to maybe one day they will find it interesting.

IMG_1826-Edit.jpg

We also had to stop by The Citadel to visit with Sally.  2014 marked 10 years since Brian and I were married in this Church.

IMG_1835.jpg

I knew I wanted to get a picture of us all on the Church steps while we were in town. Crazy that it has been 10 years and even crazier how we have multiplied.

IMG_1836-Edit.jpg

More shots of El Cid

IMG_1840-Edit.jpg

I had to get one of Tommy just incase he goes here one day.

IMG_1844-Edit.jpg

Funny that Brian could care less if he goes here but I really hope that he does.

IMG_1848-Edit.jpg

And one of Brian and all the kids.

IMG_1854-Edit.jpg

Just a couple more pictures of the kids around the house.

image
image image
image

Lucky me my Birthday was over Spring Break as well. I wish I could spend it in Charleston every year! We had a wonderful meal out with

image image

some of my favorite people!

image

Many days it didn't matter what the temperature was the girls had their bathing suits on.

IMG_1873-Edit.jpg

We went on several walks but they loved

IMG_1877-Edit.jpg

walking down to the end of the beach where you could see Morris Island Lighthouse.  One of the benefits of going in March was we really had the beach to ourselves a lot of the time.

IMG_1881-Edit.jpg

IMG_1887-Edit.jpg

I love this picture of the two of them.  Can't you just see the sisterly love? I like to look at this when they are trying to pull each others hair out.

IMG_1899-Edit.jpg
IMG_1901-Edit.jpg

We also got to spend sometime with Brian's friend and former roommate T.

IMG_1923-Edit.jpg

He has the cutest two little boys.

IMG_1914-Edit.jpg

Maybe these two will be room mates one day.

IMG_1917-Edit.jpg
IMG_1918-Edit.jpg

Our final sunset in our beach house. We had such a good time that we are going back this year again for Spring Break.

IMG_1928-Edit.jpg

I had not been able to get a good picture of all four since Thomas was born.  I convinced Brian to help me have a little photo shoot downtown before we left.  I have always loved the pineapple fountain in Waterfront park and I really love how these pictures turned out.  Only took us about 200 pictures to get a couple of decent ones.

IMG_2010-Edit-Edit.jpg
IMG_2030-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
IMG_2070-Edit.jpg

About half the pictures I have are of Payson pouting and storming off.  She is such a mess!

IMG_1983-Edit.jpg

Just a picture I took from my phone when we were leaving going over the crosstown. I love this view and it is always hard for us to leave Charleston.

image

On our way back to Alabama my Dad and Janice met us for lunch.

image

And one last picture of the beautiful, glorious mustache.  Thankfully Brian has said that he is going to forgo the tradition this year.

image

Carolyn also finally lost her front tooth shortly after we got back as well. Love this picture of the two of them.


image

Carolyn had Book week the last week of March.  She dressed up like Lola from Charlie and Lola.  I wanted to include this because for the first half of Kindergarten the only books that Carolyn would bring home from the Library were Charlie and Lola.  She was very disappointed when we first moved to Alabama at their lack of selection of Charlie and Lola books. She was so excited to dress as Lola this day and share her book.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment