Saturday, May 21, 2016

August 2014

I had this huge wall in our house that I knew I wanted to do a gallery wall of photos of the kids on so I tried to get an updated shot of the four.  It didn't go quite as planned but I did get a couple of cute shots.

IMG_0387-Edit.jpg
IMG_0333-Edit.jpg
IMG_0352-Edit.jpg
IMG_0412-Edit.jpg
IMG_0409-Edit.jpg
IMG_0433-Edit.jpg
IMG_0437-Edit.jpg

We took the kids to their first ever Fair this month as well.  Payson rode that merry-go-round so many times I lost count.

IMG_0546-Edit.jpg
IMG_0548-Edit.jpg

Carolyn and Sidney were hilarious riding rides.  Carolyn loved every single one of them.  Sidney would hold on for dear life with her eyes shut but then would want to go on it again as soon as she got off.

IMG_0558-Edit.jpg

One of the things I have really loved about this neighborhood has been all of the walking trails.

IMG_0577.jpg
IMG_0578-Edit.jpg

And I have loved living on a cul de sac.  We really lucked out with great neighbors and we rarely have traffic down our street.

IMG_0582-Edit.jpg IMG_0585-Edit.jpg
IMG_0586-Edit.jpg
IMG_0587-Edit.jpg

Tommy always wants some kind of car, airplane or ball in his hand.

IMG_0594.jpg

Sweet Siddy!

IMG_0595-Edit.jpg

GG came to visit us toward the end of the month.  It had been a long summer for the Donehue kids and I wish I could say they were on their best behavior while she was here but nope.  For some reason my Mom always gets to see them at their best and worst.

IMG_0666-Edit.jpg

This sight seeing day is still the day my older girls refer to as the LONGEST walking day EVER.  Lots of whining and may have gotten in trouble with security because we ate food in Arlington Cemetery but we saw all the sights. :)

IMG_0602-Edit.jpg
IMG_0603-Edit.jpg
IMG_0612-Edit.jpg
IMG_0613-Edit.jpg
IMG_0615-Edit.jpg
IMG_0617-Edit.jpg
IMG_0619-Edit.jpg

Don't they look so moved by the changing of the guards.  I was just saying how I want to take them back to see this now that they are older and maybe not traumatized by our crazy move.


IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0634-Edit.jpg
IMG_0637-Edit.jpg
IMG_0639-Edit.jpg
IMG_0640-Edit.jpg
IMG_0643-Edit.jpg
IMG_0644-Edit.jpg
IMG_0645-Edit.jpg
IMG_0674.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg
IMG_0676-Edit-2.jpg
IMG_0684-Edit-2.jpg

Our first trip to the National Zoo.  You would think the whine didn't follow us here but it was still ever present.  I made sure to give Mom lots of good wine when we got back to the house.

IMG_0693.jpg

One thing the girls still talk about from this day is this Tiger.  I have never seen a Tiger behave the way he was hissing and passing back and forth.

IMG_0691-Edit.jpg

Because we were still a gluttin for punishment while Mom was here we also headed over to the Air and Space museum.

IMG_0701.jpg

I will have to say they were at their best this day.  Well maybe not their best of the best, but so much better than the other days.

IMG_0698.jpg

Brian was in his element too.  He loved that the girls were sincerely interested in aviation and explaining things to them.


IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg

The key to any day of sightseeing with my kids.  Make sure you have lots of food!

IMG_0711.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment