Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pack her UP

The week before we started our pack out Brian's cousins Robbie and Palmer came to visit us.  It was great to have them here and they definitely were a nice distraction to all the craziness that was about to happen in our house.  The girls loved having family around.  I think they forget just how much family they have back in the states.  Brian and I both have a large extended family.  I can't wait for the girls to get loved on by everyone in a couple of weeks.

Brian took my camera with him on one of their adventures and this is the only picture he took.  That is our friend Jon in the picture with them.

IMG_9087.jpg

The Thursday before our pack out instead of doing the many things that we needed to do, we headed to the Sittard market with them and bought our supper.  It was so fitting that our last meal in our house (well our house as a normal house) was what the girls call a "Daddy Picnic".

IMG_9088.jpg

Then the movers descended upon our house like bees and if something was out they were packing it.  This ended up being the main stresser for me making sure everything that needed to be hidden to not get packed stayed locked in one of our closets or our bathroom.  I don't know how many times during the course of our pack out one of the girls would have a break down over not being able to find a toy that wasn't supposed to go on the boat. The girls got a kick out of all of our stuff got to go on a boat to make it to Alabama.

The other stresser was watching my stuff being taken out the window and put on this elevator thing to be carried down.  They would pack it slam full and I just had to stop watching.

IMG_9109.jpg

Especially when the last day they went out our top window.  I think Brian and I said "it's just stuff"  to each other way too many times during this whole process.  But that is the truth and the movers really did a great job with all our "stuff".

IMG_1225.jpg

Since we are doing an overseas move everything gets crated.  We ended up having 13 of these things.

IMG_9105.jpg

The movers looked like they were playing Tetris with our boxes as they tried to cram each crate full.

IMG_9106.jpg

Carolyn was in school and Sidney was able to go play with friends on all the days of the craziness but Payson was a nice distraction for Brian and me.  Good thing we have a big enough bathroom that we were able to put her in here for her naps amongst all our stuff we were trying to keep hidden.

IMG_9103.jpg

Baby Boy was there too.  (Brian and I have almost decided on a name but still for right now we just call him baby boy or brother).

IMG_9110-Edit.jpg

I am 27 weeks preggo here.

IMG_9112-Edit.jpg

Our stuff should take about 2 months to get back across the pond which is why we went ahead and packed out now.  We are now living in our house with the lovely Schinnen temporary furniture that they provide for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment