Thursday, April 11, 2013

Moving Limbo

We are caught in a "moving limbo" as I like to call it. Our lovely van is on it's way to Atlanta, our house starts getting packed out on the 19th, and our plane tickets have been bought for our flight home.  Our time here has gone so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was anxious about moving overseas and now I am anxious about moving back. I feel like I am caught between things I will miss about living here and things that I can't wait for when we get back.

My obgyn - Here in Germany every doctors visit I get an ultrasound. I love getting to see the baby each visit. However I am pretty sure, or at least I hope, that my obgyn in America will wear deodorant...in Germany not so much. Nothing like a pregnant nose and no deodorant.

Carolyn's school - Carolyn loves her teachers and has learned so much this past year. She has come such a long way from the start of the school year and I love that she had the opportunity to go to school with so many other nationalities. However, I will not miss having to pick up Carolyn. The school has no pickup line, so to pick up my child I have to park my car  in the neighborhood by the school, get all the girls out of the car, and go all the way into the school to get her. It might not sound like a pain, but believe me it is a pain.

The Food - Brian and I have several restaurants here that we are going to miss. I love the laid back approach to dining that Europeans have. I will miss Sittard square where our kids are able to run around while we eat and just all the people watching that one can do while eating in the square. However, my pregnant self can not wait to eat some really good Mexican food and Chick Fil A and the list could go on and on...

Our Friends - We have made so many good friends here. This is the hardest part for me about leaving here. It does make it easier to know that all of my friends are either moving or will move eventually as well.  The Air Force is a small world and I have a dream that we will all end up back in the same place again. Plus I can't wait to see family and friends that we haven't seen in a while.

The Wine - Why I decided to get pregnant my last few months in Europe I have no idea. HA! The place where it cost me more to order a coke than a glass of wine. Sighhh. On the other hand, I had no clue how much wine my husband had been buying for us to bring home. We are shipping close to 400 bottles. I am super excited about our wine collection. (and with 4 kiddos I am sure we will need a healthy one)

The Shopping - I feel like I have gotten so many unique treasures while living over here. I really love everything we have bought and am praying that it all makes it across the pond safely. Though, it will be nice to be able to run out to a 24 hour store for some tylenol when needed and not have to hunt for certain grocery items like we have to over here.

I guess I should just start getting with the moving program because whether I am ready or not it's a coming...
Here's all three girls working out their moving stresses and doing their version of dancing while playing our Wii Just Dance game.  Or maybe I should say watching them do this helps me not think about my moving stresses.

IMG_9056-Edit.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment