Wednesday, January 12, 2011

PaPa

Brian's grandfather, Charles Caroll Burley Sr. passed away on January 2, 2011. Unfortunately due to things he could not control he was unable to make it home for the funeral. Words just can't be said as to how he felt about that, but here are some of Brian's words for the girls as to how he felt about his PaPa:

D113

He was the hardest working man I've ever known, an incredible husband, father, grandfather, Christian, soldier, scouter, and church leader.  I have so many wonderful memories of him when I was growing up. He took us to the fair, my first Gamecock football game, the beach, fishing, everywhere.

D106

He loved his  life and he loved watching us have our own experiences in ours. He was there to rescue me when I was in trouble, and he was there to cheer me on during my successes. I will never forget walking up into the stands when I graduated from The Citadel and seeing him standing there with tears in his eyes...I never had a doubt that he was proud of me no matter what the occasion. 

166774573505.jpg

581574573505-1.jpg

916085553705.jpg

He IS such an example of how to be, how to treat others, how to raise children, how to love, and how to serve our God and our country...if I can only be half the man he was as I navigate my own life I think I'll be alright.

171134_10150153565489418_688959417_8429083_6443583_o.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment