Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back to Amsterdam, Netherlands

On New Year's Day my newly engaged cousin Rebecca (she got engaged Christmas morning) flew in.  Carolyn of course thought she was here just to visit her.

IMG_0547.jpg

We left the girls home with Brian and we headed to Amsterdam for the day on the 2nd.  We toured the Anne Frank House something I could have never have done with the children.  No strollers allowed and there was just such a quiet, solemn atmosphere there.  The tour was so moving it made we want to go back and reread the book.  I would share pictures but cameras were not allowed.  They had the actual diaries on display and you got to go into all of the rooms where they hid.

IMG_0507.jpg

After the Anne Frank House we went and had some lunch, almost got taken out by a couple of bikes, and then took a canal boat tour.  This was the first time I had done a day trip without the girls.  I kept feeling like I was naked (and I wasn't in the Red Light District HA) because I wasn't trying to keep up with the girls or carry all of the things we have to take around for them.  It was nice!

IMG_0509.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment