
Gray, cloudy days have been all we have been seeing lately. I was so excited to see blue skies and the sun. Aachen is a cute town with lots of shopping, but we really enjoyed getting to go inside the Cathedral there.

This Cathedral began to be built back in 800 and is known as the Church of Charlemagne.

Aren't these windows gorgeous?

And when you look up you saw beautiful scenes like this. There was mosaic work all along the ceilings.

Inside the gold case that you see under the window is the apparel of the Virgin Mary, the swaddling clothes and the loincloth of Christ, and the decapitation cloth of John the Baptist. Every seven years there is an Aachen Pilgrimage and they display these relics. Doesn't it seem almost surreal that those items are in that box. The next Pilgrimage is in June 2014. I don't think we will still be here to get to see that.

I just loved this hallway in the Cathedral.

One last picture of my own two sweet angels (well most of the time).
No comments:
Post a Comment