Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Blur

How can Thomas already be seven weeks?  I feel like these past weeks have been somewhat of a blur.  A good blur, but definitely a blur.  During this time we've had lots of visitors, Brian started school, Carolyn became a big first grader (Which is so crazy!), and we've managed to leave our house with all four kids. (Which is just an accomplishment in itself right now.)

IMG_0094-Edit.jpg

Thomas is such a sweetie but he does get the title of the most high maintenance baby we have had.  Maybe it is that male gene that makes him require extra attention ... who knows?? He is starting to be a little more chill here lately.

IMG_0208-Edit.jpg

Now if only I could get him to not be such a party animal at night. Some nights I get 4-5 hour stretches, so I am hoping that before I know it he will be giving me longer ones.

IMG_0228-Edit.jpg

I took all these pictures right after he was born.  I love the somewhat smile that he has in this picture.  Now our 7 week old is starting to give us full on real, melt your heart, goofy smiles.  So precious!

IMG_0279-Edit.jpg

Love me some baby toes!

IMG_0219-Edit.jpg

The girls are all still enjoying having a brother to dote on.

IMG_0212-Edit.jpg

I can already tell he and Payson are going to be big buddies.  She is always kissing on him. I think Little Miss Sassy thinks that he is her own live baby doll.

IMG_0063-Edit.jpg

Just a few more newborn pictures...

IMG_0277-Edit.jpg
IMG_0236-Edit.jpg
IMG_0225-Edit.jpg

I went to the big Wetumpka Walmart all by myself with three out of four of my children the other morning.  As I was just trying to grab what I needed and get out with minimal break downs from my kids the lovely checkout lady proceeded to ask me "are these ALL your kids?"  For a split second I almost replied "No I just thought it would be a blast to round up as many kids as I could and head out to Walmart.  That's what I do for fun."  but I didn't go off on the Walmart check out lady.  I just smiled and said why Yes they Are.  (I should have told her that I had one more that wasn't with me and that really would have blown her mind.)

At some point though in the blur of the last seven weeks we have thankfully found quite the routine with the six of us. (Even if the Walmart checkout lady thinks we are crazy.)

IMG_0141-Edit.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment