
The league that we are apart of is organized by one of the churches here. One of the great things they do is announce all the kids' names. They are supposed to RUN through a tunnel made up of the parents. Notice how I said RUN. Well this is Miss Sidney's favorite part of the soccer day and both times she has done it she doesn't run. She takes her time like Miss America and high fives each person. Both times the man in charge has had to come and take Sid by the hand to get her to run through the line. It is hilarious! So Sidney!

Carolyn on the other hand runs as fast as she can.

And Payson, of course, has proven to be quite the handful to keep her out of the mix of everything.

Carolyn is really enjoying playing soccer, and she has improved so much since she played last.

Her favorite part so far is being the goalie.
One thing about Carolyn's soccer team is you know you live in a small town when your Labor and Delivery nurse's daughter ends up being on your daughter's soccer team. Every time I see her I tell Brian I am sooo glad that we had Thomas before soccer season. Thankfully she was a wonderful nurse even though sometimes I have thoughts of "Oh my Gosh you had to empty my bladder." Nothing can make you fast friends like having gone through childbirth together.

And then there is Miss Sidney and her soccer team. Sidney loves soccer practice, but during the games she would rather chat with the coaches. When all the boys are in a bunch trying to get the ball, Sid is just not going to get in the middle of all that.

She likes being the goalie as well, but not for the same reasons as Carolyn. She cracks me up!

They get star stickers after every game for how well they did. To Sid, soccer is walking through a crowd of people (which she loves), getting a sticker and having a juice box.

Brian and I have had the realization that sports with our kids is going to be lively. Carolyn and Sidney's games are at the same time so between trying to cheer for each girl, keeping Payson off of the soccer fields, and keeping Tommy calm...we are exhausted after the games. Even with all that, I can honestly say we all have been enjoying it. Good thing it only last till the end of October, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment