Sunday, March 24, 2013

Greece - Our "Digs"

During Carolyn's Fall break from school (yes back in October) we packed up the crew and headed to Crete for a week of sun!  Considering that we are still having snow in Germany.  Snow in March just seems weird.  I have enjoyed going back and looking through all of my pictures of sunny Greece!

IMG_1903-Edit.jpg

Here is our crew.. we went with our friends The Barkers.  All of our girls are about the same age.

IMG_1838-Edit.jpg

Before we got there I was reading the directions to our townhouse and it kept talking about watching for goats sleeping on the road.  Brian and I laughed, but you would not believe the goats that were everywhere. Crete is definitely different from anywhere we have ever been.  Since it was the end of tourist season, there really weren't that many people and it was almost like we weren't supposed to be here.

IMG_1860.jpg

Our townhouse..

IMG_1841.jpg

complete with olive trees growing behind it

IMG_1845.jpg

and surrounded by mountains.  We quickly realized that to get anywhere we had to wind up and down these mountains.

IMG_1840.jpg

The owner of our townhouse also ran a little Taverna within walking distance that had the best food!  I had never really been a fan of lamb until this trip.  I would love some lamb with cheese sauce from this restaurant right now!

IMG_1827.jpg

Our view from the Taverna and the trees that the girls lived in while we ate.

IMG_1825.jpg

These four had a ball just around our house whether it was watching some TV before we would head out or

IMG_1484.jpg

doing a little skinny dipping in our pool.

IMG_1849.jpg

What a sunset!  Can I go back right now??

IMG_1282.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment