Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Palermo, Sicily

Our next stop was Palermo, Sicily.  We decided that we wanted to head to the beach this day.

IMG_6645.jpg

Unfortunately so did everyone else in Palermo.  It was beautiful but kind of crowded.

IMG_6646.jpg

On the bright side we had our own little spot on the beach and the people watching was quite entertaining.

IMG_6647.jpg

Every fifteen minutes or so a different guy would come by selling fresh coconut.  I am not a huge coconut fan so it didn't sound appetizing to me, but these guys did big business.  It was like the Lemon Ice people on the beaches of South Carolina.

IMG_0946.jpg

Here is also where I think Sidney's want to be naked came about.  All of the little Italian girls don't wear tops just their bottom of the bathing suits.  So Sid saw that and of course thought she just needed to wear her bottom too.

IMG_0944.jpg

Back at the boat most nights before our dinner we would go to one of the bar areas and let the girls hear this lounge band.  They had a good time dancing and

IMG_6662.jpg

Brian would enjoy a cocktail while I enjoyed whatever snacks they had out.

A cruise ship is a pregnant woman's dream.  Food everywhere.  Although I find it funny that I didn't gain any weight after this cruise but after my trip back to the States I gained 7 pounds.  Go Figure.

IMG_6661-Edit.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment