Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Naples

Next stop was Naples.  We decided to focus our day on doing the Rick Steve's tour of the city and eating of course.

IMG_6667.jpg

We started with gelato which of course this little girl thought was wonderful.  We should have gelato for breakfast everyday.

IMG_6669.jpg

Then we headed to the Archaeological Museum, where we were able to tour it with the best possible scenario with two kids.  Both were passed out the entire time we were in there.

IMG_6672.jpg

This museum houses all of the art and artifacts that were excavated from Pompeii.   Maybe it was because we were able to tour the museum in peace but we really enjoyed it.

IMG_6679.jpg

This museum also has a Secret Room where it houses all of the erotic art from Pompeii.  I thought there would be a sign saying now entering Secret Room something.  Nope Brian and I were walking around and all of a sudden it was like Is that a ... What are they doing....  O my goodness the people of Pompeii had some interesting art.  I was so glad that Carolyn was asleep during all of this.  I can only imagine the questions I would have gotten.

IMG_6680.jpg

Naples is the birthplace of pizza and I had the best pizza of my life here.  I was too busy eating to get a picture of it.  We ended our day here with the most delicious cannoli but yet again too busy eating to photograph.  Naples was a beautiful city but a little dirty... I could definitely go for a slice of that pizza now.

That evening Carolyn got to meet Donald which was all kinds of exciting for her.  Any of the characters that she wanted to meet that weren't on the boat we would say "Well they must have missed the boat."  She would tell our waiter, anyone and everyone "Buzz and Jessie missed the boat."  She was very sad for them.

IMG_6616.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment