Friday, May 6, 2011

Four Years Old

Still hard to believe that this little girl is a big FOUR year old.

IMG_5896-Edit.jpg

I had plans the night before her birthday and I remembered thinking on my way home I didn't get to say goodnight to my three year old Sally Carolyn one last time (cheesy I know).  Well little did I know soon after I walked in the door I would hear screaming from Carolyn's room.  I ended up sleeping (well not really sleeping) in her bed that night.
Poor thing was sick as a dog.

IMG_5852.jpg

She did get very excited when she saw her Birthday present though.  While I was taking care of Carolyn,  her Daddy was staying up most of the night putting a trampoline together.

IMG_5862.jpg

Even though she had to be quarantined from most people, luckily MiMi and Tom Tom were visiting and could help us celebrate her birthday.

IMG_5879.jpg

Who doesn't love a My Little Pony cake?

IMG_5900-Edit.jpg

She had a great time opening up her presents, although I look at this picture and I can tell she was just not herself.

IMG_5869.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

As a person who was not that enthusiastic about buying a trampoline for the girls I am so glad we did.

IMG_5892.jpg

Brian and I have decided it is like a huge play pin for the girls.  We have already gotten our money's worth with the amount of energy they have burned playing in it.  And it brought so many smiles to her that day, when at times she didn't feel much like smiling.

IMG_5893.jpg

It might not have been the day we planned, but Carolyn's birthday was special just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment