Monday, October 4, 2010

Tantrums

I have a theory. German kids don't seem to have tantrums and for that matter when I am in the Netherlands I don't hear many Dutch kids having tantrums either. My theory was further confirmed when we drove to Ramstein Air Force Base this weekend. It is a huge base that has a shopping area that looks like a mall. As soon as we got there the familiar noise of screaming American children could be heard. I do not know what the Germans/Dutch do differently but I am going to try to find out.

We had a gorgeous drive to Ramstein. We drove through the Mosel Valley and could see all the grape vines. Fall is in full force here so the leaves are starting to change. I also got to drive on the Autobahn for the first time. For about 30 minutes and then Brian said I was making him nervous and he wants me to go practice by myself without the kids in the car. In his defense I do not have the best track record when it comes to driving. I have managed to hit a deer and a dog at the same time on an Interstate in SC.

Here's a picture of my pseudo-German/Dutch tantrum free girls from the trip. They just started holding hands and

IMG_0249.jpg

zoning out right before they fell asleep. So sweet.

IMG_0252.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Please inform me too when you figure it out :) Pics are so sweet! Sounds like you all are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Yes....we all want to no the secret when you find out!

    Ilena

    ReplyDelete