Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Photography

I started this blog because I don't write anything down, I don't scrapbook, and I felt weird constantly sending out pictures of my kids to family.  Now if they want to see what my kids are up to they can just come here.  I am eventually going to print this out and hope that Carolyn and Sidney want to read it one day.

My love of Photography has also come into play with the blog.  After Sidney was born I realized that I needed some kind of outlet other than the girls to put my energy into.  I love staying home with the girls and feel VERY fortunate being able to do so; however, two kids under three all day long can be a lot somedays.  So I started learning how to take pictures with my Canon Rebel that I had had for years but had never taken it off auto mode.  This must be a trend because once I started trying to figure out my camera I found all these websites like Pioneer Woman and I heart faces which have tons of tutorials.  When we found out we were moving to Germany we decided to upgrade my camera and lenses.

I took pictures of someone other than my children for the first time this past Saturday.  I am not ready to make this into a business, I feel like I have sooooo much more to learn.  But I did have so much fun getting these shots (even though it was cold and Jonathan really didn't want his picture taken) and even more fun editing them.  Just thought I would share a couple I was proud of.

IMG_2975-Edit.jpg

IMG_2959-Edit.jpg

IMG_2991-Edit.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment