Monday, October 18, 2010

Leuven, Belgium

Brian's cousin Chris has been hiking through India for the past month so on his way home he stopped in to stay with us for a couple of days. It was a great excuse to go check out more towns near us. We headed to Leuven, Belgium on Saturday. It is a University town and known as the beer capital of Belgium.

IMG_2751.jpg

The architecture here was breathtaking.

IMG_2782.jpg

We didn't want to get the girls out of the stroller for picture time. We need to work on our stroller angle but Sid is back there.

IMG_2777-Edit.jpg

I loved the statues on top of this building.

IMG_2805.jpg

Europeans must have super bladders because you can't find a bathroom here to save your life. We have learned the hard way to use the bathroom whenever we find one no matter how much we have to pay(you pay on average .30 - .50 Euro to go to the bathroom here). With a three year old that needs frequent bathroom breaks a lot of times the only way we can find one is by stopping at one of the cafes and having a drink/snack. But we all enjoy our bathroom breaks. :)

IMG_2791.jpg

This is the University Library. It was beautiful. I don' t know why the bug is on the needle in front of it though?

IMG_2841.jpg

Carolyn always wants to do group hugs. It was cold that day we needed to do a group hug.

IMG_2827-Edit-2-Edit-Edit.jpg

Sidney was sleeping during our hug. So sweet.

IMG_2831.jpg

Carolyn stayed warm by chasing after the pigeons.

IMG_2837.jpg

And of course since we were in Belgium we had to try the chocolates. Best chocolate I have ever had. I wish I could bottle the smell of the shop.

IMG_2848.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment