We checked the weather that morning and it said there was a 30% chance of rain. Well after we had been there for about an hour it started down pouring. We didn't let it stop us I just didn't get my camera out. Luckily a lot of the exhibits were enclosed and we just ran from one to the other.
You can't help sometimes when you are out here to feel like you are in your own little bubble. You can not understand the people around you and when people talk to you all you can do is smile and say "Ich spreche kein Deutsch" which is I don't speak German. Now sometimes they will look back at you and start speaking in English, but a lot of the time we get the nod and that is the end of it. So because of this bubble feeling Brian and I had been a little homesick. This day at the zoo was just what we needed. Yes we were still in our bubble, but we had a great time.
We have heard that once you get your house set up that it makes this transition a lot easier. So we are very happy that we get to move into our house on the 10th and all our stuff has made it to Europe. YAY!! They are saying that our stuff won't be in Germany until the 13th but we are hoping maybe it will make it here a couple of days early.

I have been thinking about you guys so much! I am so glad that you have found a place to live. I am sure it will be make things better and it will start to feel a little bit more like home. Thinking about you and I pray that Germany will feel more like home for you guys!
ReplyDelete