Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hiking

Our first full day in Switzerland we decided to head out on a hiking adventure.

IMG_7049-Edit.jpg

We took a little cob wheel train through the mountains to

IMG_1003.jpg

reach a cable car/gondola that took us up to our starting point.

IMG_7029.jpg

Brian and I are not experienced hikers.  In fact this is probably the first time we have actually embarked on mountain hiking.  Here Brian is trying to figure out exactly where we needed to hike to catch the train back to where we were staying.

IMG_7030.jpg

The views were well worth our effort.

IMG_7038-Edit.jpg

I don't know if you can tell by the picture below but the path we walked on was not that big. Carolyn was fine but

IMG_7033-Edit.jpg

I was very happy Sidney was in the backpack.  I would have had a heart attack if she had been running free.  We had to take lots of snack breaks for Carolyn but stopping wasn't a problem when you had gorgeous scenery to look at.

IMG_7031.jpg

By the end of our 2.5 mile hike Brian was carrying both girls.  He got his workout in that day.

IMG_7065-Edit.jpg

We did climb up and find an area where I felt comfortable enough to let Sid out of her confinement.  Of course one of the first things she did was try to get naked.  I drew the line at getting naked on an Alp.

IMG_7057-Edit.jpg

At the end of our hike we were rewarded with one of my most favorite things.  A restaurant with our table right beside this wonderful playground.

IMG_7069.jpg

That night we made redneck smores inside our cabin.

IMG_1009.jpg

We might not have roasted our marshmallows over an open fire but the end result tasted just as good.

IMG_1010.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment