
The kids were excited to see Cinderella's Castle. Walt Disney based the design for it off of this castle.

You have to either hike, take a bus, or a horse and carriage ride up to the castle. Feeling ambitious we decided to take the 30 minute completely up hill hike up the mountain. We all felt like we got our workout that day.

But it was worth it. This picture was taken from Mary's Bridge.

Below is Mary's (scary, deathtrap) Bridge. (Thankfully my friend Julie let me borrow this picture because I didn't get one of the actual bridge that day.)

Brian and Carolyn not scared a bit on this bridge. I tried not to look down and tried to keep Carolyn within mine or Brian's arms. No Fear. But it was worth going on it for the pictures. Unfortunately it was really cloudy that day.

Neuschwanstein Castle was built from 1869 - 1886 by "Mad" King Ludwig when he inherited the throne at the old age of 18. The castle in the picture below is Hohenschwangau Castle and was Ludwig's childhood home.

We did take a tour inside the castle but they don't allow pictures. Sidney had to leave the tour early because it was nap time. Castles are just too exciting for her.

And also there was some pretty peaceful scenery. I sometimes wish someone would stroll me around Europe where I can nap whenever needed.

And of course we had to attempt the Family Photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment