Sunday, September 5, 2010

Optimism

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Gen. Colin Powell

This is Brian's all time favorite quote. We even had it posted on a board in our room in OKC to remind us. So in an effort to remember this quote and to be optimistic, these are some of the positive things that have been happening:

First, I passed my driving test on Friday. YAY! I finally got to drive our new car and I have actually been enjoying driving here. Not as scary as I once thought it would be.

Next, we get to move into our house on the 9th and all our stuff is here. So in 3 days I get to sleep on my bed. Words can not describe how excited I am about that. It has been a long 3 months.

Then, we have been very fortunate to meet some great people here. They have helped make the transition into life here a lot easier. One of the couples here invited us to a birthday party for their son yesterday. We are not normally ones to bring the drama with us, but oh did we do it last night. Most of the doors in Germany have skeleton keys that you turn to lock the door. So Carolyn goes to use the bathroom and manages to lock herself in for about 30 - 40 minutes. Nothing says party like trying to get a screaming 3 year old out of a locked bathroom. Although I was probably the most embarrassed I have been in a LONG time, I think there are good things that can come out of this. A) I am removing all keys from all of our doors in the new house so this will not happen. I can only imagine how I would have reacted if this had happened when I was at home by myself with the girls. B) I am claustrophobic so the thought of being locked in any room would freak me out. My reaction didn't help the situation. All I could see is my baby upset and how this experience was going to scar her somehow, but when they finally busted the door open she was not phased at all. The only thing she was worried about was that she might have missed the cake. She hasn't even brought it up again. I, needless to say, had a hard time sleeping last night because of this. Oh and I forgot to mention that during all of this I slammed Sidney's fingers in another door. So, I am very optimistic that this will never happen again!!!

And finally the last positive thing that we have going on is that 6 years ago yesterday Brian and I got married. I love our family and the life we have created. Drama and all.

IMG_2152

No comments:

Post a Comment