Friday, November 23, 2012

Oktoberfest

Why did it take us until our last year here to buy the correct gear for Oktoberfest? Who knows, but we had a great time at the NATO Base's Oktoberfest

IMG_1162-Edit.jpg

The best part of the evening for me was the sweinshaxe with potatoes and kraut.  It is by far my favorite German meal.

IMG_1163.jpg

We had a great time and I am sure we will be pulling out our drindl and lederhosen for any Oktoberfest we can find in America.

IMG_1166-Edit.jpg

The next day we headed back for their children's day.  I can neither confirm nor deny that the main reason we went was because I wanted to eat another knuckle. Unfortunately they weren't serving that that day but we did have a great German buffet.

They had all kinds of activities set up for the kids.  The girls loved getting their faces painted. And what they each chose suits each of them to a T.  Carolyn was a puppy and Sidney was a fairy. Carolyn thought if she smiled it would mess up her paint.

IMG_1140-Edit.jpg

I finally convinced her it was ok to smile.

IMG_1143-Edit.jpg

Here is a picture of Payson to prove she was there.  Just remember girls, your mom and dad were the ones to take you to your first Oktoberfest.

IMG_1159-Edit.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment