Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Versailles

To break up our drive to Normandy, France we decided to stop in Versailles for the evening.

IMG_0323-Edit.jpg

Although I knew that we were visiting it in the summer, and I had read that the day we were visiting was one of the busiest days, I don't think I was fully prepared for the mass of humanity that was there that day.

IMG_0326-Edit.jpg

We decided to skip the line for the Chateau and walk the grounds instead.

IMG_0348-Edit.jpg

Classical Music is played throughout the Gardens.  It was beautiful...

IMG_0380-Edit.jpg
IMG_0330-Edit.jpg
IMG_0333-Edit.jpg
IMG_0382-Edit.jpg
IMG_0383-Edit.jpg

You would think that my children would be checking out this gorgeous fountain..

IMG_0343-Edit.jpg

but really they were fascinated by the fish and ducks in the pond.  It always amazes me that the things they get most excited about are animals and

IMG_0346-Edit.jpg

of course flowers.... things they could find anywhere.  They could care less about the old beautiful buildings around them.  Hopefully one day they will appreciate where there momma and daddy have taken them.

IMG_0374-Edit.jpg

On a side note, in less than a month my baby will start Kindergarten. You would think that I would be jumping for joy to have one less little one at home, but I really am having a hard time. I can't believe she is growing up so fast.

IMG_0352-Edit.jpg

She is so excited though..."counting down the days" excited.  I love that I am getting photo bombed by my five year old in this picture.

IMG_0357-Edit.jpg

After walking around the grounds, we walked back to the Chateau hoping the masses of humanity had decided to go home.  This picture does not do justice to the line to get inside.  To the right are all the people who are lined up...it was crazy.

IMG_0385-Edit.jpg

Needless to say, we did not go inside.  Brian's solution for me not getting to go in was "Honey, I will take you to the Biltmore House."  My solution: I think I need a girl's trip to Paris before we leave here (And I don't mean "girl's trip" as in me and my daughters...I mean an adult girl's trip just to clarify in case my husband is reading this).

IMG_0366-Edit.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment