After our fun morning at the Louvre Brian and I needed a cafe break. We found this great restaurant with a park across from it where the girls were able to run around, while we enjoyed our break.

Brian finally got to have some escargot here. I couldn't believe that both girls tried it. Carolyn was very excited to eat a snail and as soon as Sidney saw her have one she was saying "Please Bite". I couldn't be the only one not to eat one so I tried it and snails are actually pretty good.

After our break we headed to the Notre Dame Cathedral.

It was breathtaking. Carolyn got to light her prayer candle but to light one inside the Notre Dame is 5 Euro. Wow.

Outside the Notre Dame there was a Crazy Bird Guy. He was feeding the birds by holding the food in his mouth. Ewe Right?
Well Carolyn goes up to him and he gives her bread to hold to start feeding the birds.

She loved it! He would walk up behind her and show her how to hold her hands up.

Then Crazy Bird Man decided to get Sid in on the action. He put rice all around them and the pigeons just started coming like crazy. Again Carolyn and Sidney loved it, but all I am thinking is please, please birds do not poop on my children.

All of the different kinds of street performers (which is what I guess Crazy Bird Guy is) were as much of a sight to see as anything else. This was what looked like a high school jazz band rocking out in front of this beautiful fountain.

Carolyn was impressed by the only girl in the band.

After a lot of walking around, we ended up back at the Louvre that night for a baguette supper.

On our way home we decided to make a stop at the Arc de Triomphe to see it and the Eiffel Tower all lit up at night.

We got home late that night and I am sure our neighbors in our hotel loved me as I gave my screaming daughters a bath. But there was no way they were not going to have a bath that night after they had been covered with pigeons earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment