Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Three little Monkeys

Ever since we went to the Christmas Market in Cologne, Germany I have been looking forward to going inside the huge Cathedral there.  On Saturday my friend Julie (who is also husbandless) and I loaded up our kids and headed to Cologne.

IMG_0659.jpg

When we arrived I realized that my battery in my  big camera was dead. Ughh.  Luckily I am a crazy camera lady and had my point and shoot on me as well, but it could just not do the inside of this church justice.  It was breath taking.

IMG_0663.jpg

Carolyn was very excited that there was a line of silver men and a couple of gold too in front of the church.  I think she would have finally given them some money, but I didn't have any change on me.

IMG_0661.jpg

After we got some lunch we headed over to the zoo.  Sidney and Jonathan (Julie's son) have become such good buddies.  They were both so excited to get out of their stroller for a while.

IMG_0684.jpg

Of course Carolyn was very excited to visit the zoo again.

IMG_0681-Edit.jpg

I love the camels here.

IMG_0667.jpg

There are some differences with a European zoo.  See the cat (not sure what kind of cat breed he was, maybe a cheetah)  in front of the stroller.  The wall to keep him in is only as high as Carolyn and it looked like that kitty could easily get over it if he wanted to.  I don't think you would see that in an American zoo, but he didn't act like he was going to make any move toward us.  He just kept walking his path.

IMG_0670.jpg

Brian gave Carolyn and Sidney seal stuff animals for Valentine's Day.  The girls love them and have both been sleeping with them.  Carolyn was very excited to see the  real seals.

IMG_0685.jpg

Three little monkeys checking out the monkeys.

IMG_0675.jpg

Wonderful day and made me realize how far I have come in my comfort level at getting out here by myself with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment