Sunday, February 20, 2011

Carnival

Everywhere I go around here these days I can see signs of Carnival - red, green and yellow flags being flown on houses, random people dressed up in costume in the cities, and this day we spent in Maastricht we saw parades of people dressed up for the choosing of their Prince of Carnival.

IMG_0648.jpg

Carnival is huge here and it has already been very entertaining to see everything surrounding it.  And the parades haven't really even started yet.

IMG_0649.jpg

Supposedly they have children's parades where all the kids dress up and more "adult" parades as well that have been described as similar to Mardi Gras (the adults are supposed to dress in costume too).  Almost every town around here has been advertising some kind of parade.

IMG_0651.jpg

I love mixture of ages in this group.  You had  the very young to people who looked like they have been doing this for many years.

IMG_0652.jpg

The girls and I are planning on checking out some of the parades.  I am excited that Carolyn will finally get to wear her Alice in Wonderland costume from Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment