
The only thing Brian and I ever really buy at the markets is food. These are our favorites from this day. Reibekuchen (potato pancakes served with applesauce) and mushrooms with some kind of cream sauce made my preggy belly very happy. Brian also tried Gluhbeir, which is a hot drink made with beer. Sounds gross but I tried a sip and it was actually pretty good.

Sid was huge fan of the Reibekuchen or chicken as she was calling it.

This nativity scene wins the prize for most unique one I have ever seen.

Carolyn - "Why is baby Jesus in a shopping cart momma?"

Me - "I don't know" ... (I don't know if that confused me more or Mary and Joseph's outfits. I wish I could have been able to read the signs. But I think it had something to do with the huge replica of Noah's Ark that was behind it.)

There are a total of seven Christmas markets in Cologne but even with a map we only found five. I think the others are hidden.

This is what the girls get most excited about at the markets. Sidney didn't always join Carolyn on the rides last year but there is no stopping her now.

Brian was very impressed with this wood carver. I think he would have like to take one home -- a wood carving not the wood carver.

They were very impressive but they were also crazy expensive. Probably because there is no telling how long it takes them to do one of these.

We ended our day at the market in front of the Cathedral where

we had a Santa sighting. I LOVE the excitement both girls get when they see Santa (and this one didn't look scary.)

Hoping we can hit up a couple more Markets before Christmas... especially since we have had zero snow this year to stop us.
No comments:
Post a Comment