Friday, November 25, 2011

Delft, Netherlands

One of the towns that we visited while my Mom was here was Delft, Netherlands.

IMG_7680-Edit-Edit.jpg

Very cute little town that reminded me of a smaller, quieter Amsterdam.

IMG_7683.jpg

It is home to the blue and white Delft pottery.  I thought I was going to buy a piece as a souvenir until I realized that they like their pottery more than I liked it.  A small little ornament here was 40 Euro.

IMG_7664.jpg

So instead I bought a pair of old wooden shoes from an antique store here (the store might have just made them look used but I like to imagine a little dutch girl wore them).

I couldn't convince my mom and Brian to climb in this big wooden shoe with the girls.

IMG_7673.jpg

Beautiful church in the main square here.

IMG_7676.jpg

Another view of the main square.

IMG_7684.jpg

Having to start pulling out the hats.

IMG_7688-Edit.jpg

This time last year we had snow so I can not complain.  Plus I love to find new hats for the girls.

IMG_7686-Edit.jpg

There were beautiful Fall leaves all over the city.

IMG_7693-Edit.jpg

IMG_7699-Edit.jpg

Sidney is definitely in the monkey see, monkey do stage with Carolyn.  If Carolyn does something then Sid needs to be right behind her doing the same.

IMG_7704-Edit.jpg

Lovely day and the perfect day trip.

IMG_7711-Edit.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment